OUR BENEDICTINE MISSION
Our mission is to educate our students with the knowledge they need to succeed in the real world, backed by our Benedictine values.
To make known to every student the person and message of Jesus Christ; to provide a vibrant, faith-based educational community built upon Catholic spiritual and moral tradition; to develop our young people’s spiritual, intellectual, social and physical well-being and teach them to be an active member of the Eucharistic community; and to offer state-of-the-art opportunities while maintaining a unique and diverse learning experience.
ST. NICHOLAS SCHOOL PROVIDES:
- Qualified and experienced teachers
- Children’s Liturgies and preparation for the Sacraments
- 10:1 student/teacher ratio – class size limited to 20 students
- Computer Lab – 21 laptop computers
- 2 or 3 computers and internet accessibility in all classrooms
- Smart Boards in all class rooms and computer room.
- Daily access to gym for physical education
- Courses include religion, reading, language arts, science, social studies, mathematics, algebra, library, music, art, physical education and computer science
- Spanish classes from K – 8 – two days a week
- Benefits of learning a language:
- Stimulates the developing brain…expanding cognitive abilities
- Scientific research shows that 1-12 year olds can learn a second language more easily and with greater confidence
- Able to achieve excellent reading skills
- Increase of test scores
- Speaking only English is no longer enough
- Support Services – Auxiliary Math / Reading – Hearing / Speech Clinician – Guidance Counselor
- Testing Programs – Iowa Tests of Basic Skills – DIBELS – Accelerated Reading