OUR BENEDICTINE MISSION
As a Catholic school community, our mission is to cultivate a Christcentered learning environment where every child is given opportunities to excel and is recognized as a child of God.
Our vision is for all children to be life-long learners who live out their faith with conviction, compassion, and commitment to use their Godgiven talents to make positive contributions to the whole world while building up the Kingdom of God.
ST. NICHOLAS SCHOOL PROVIDES:
- Qualified and experienced teachers
- Children’s Liturgies and preparation for the Sacraments
- 10:1 student/teacher ratio – class size limited to 20 students
- Computer Lab – 21 laptop computers
- 2 or 3 computers and internet accessibility in all classrooms
- Smart Boards in all class rooms and computer room.
- Daily access to gym for physical education
- Courses include religion, reading, language arts, science, social studies, mathematics, algebra, library, music, art, physical education and computer science
- Spanish classes from K – 8 – two days a week
- Benefits of learning a language:
- Stimulates the developing brain…expanding cognitive abilities
- Scientific research shows that 1-12 year olds can learn a second language more easily and with greater confidence
- Able to achieve excellent reading skills
- Increase of test scores
- Speaking only English is no longer enough
- Support Services – Auxiliary Math / Reading – Hearing / Speech Clinician – Guidance Counselor
- Testing Programs – Iowa Tests of Basic Skills – DIBELS – Accelerated Reading